Providing Representation to Charitable Organizations and Professional Solicitors throughout the Nation.
- For over 12 years, we have represented some of the nation’s largest professional fundraisers and have developed an expertise on their methods, organization and tools for success.
- We provide counsel to entities of various sizes and are intimately familiar with the statutes, rules and regulations at the state and local level.
- We are intimately familiar with the annual reporting requirements, registration and notice requirements as it applies to both charitable organizations, professional solicitors and their subcontractors.
- Our practice group ensures that our clients are always in compliance with the laws of each state, county, and city that they conduct solicitations.
- We have established enduring relationships with the government officials who handle the state and local level regulation of such charitable solicitation activity.
“As Group Director for North America with Fundraising Initiatives, based in Washington DC, I worked closely with General Counsel, P.C. for several years. Their help in securing the necessary permissions and licenses for our Direct Fundraising teams was invaluable and contributed greatly to our ability to recruit donors for our clients across several states. Merritt’s approach saw him really understand our business needs and his advice and guidance was always incredibly useful and supportive. I recommend him and General Counsel without hesitation.”