Joanna M. Foard spent her childhood and teen years in Lawton, Oklahoma, and obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy and pre-law from the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
Joanna earned her Juris Doctor Degree from Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida in 2012. After completing her J.D., she furthered her legal education obtaining a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International and Comparative Law, in Washington, D.C., at the Columbus School of Law in 2013.
Joanna knew from a young age that she wanted to help others, and decided that becoming an attorney was a great way to do so. During junior high school, high school, and law school, Joanna participated in multiple volunteer organizations that provided legal assistance to those in the community. It is during those years that she found her true passion for the law and her call to help others.
While attending law school, Joanna was selected to serve as a teaching assistant for Civil Procedure, for two separate semesters, and Professional Responsibility for one semester. Joanna became very involved with the Academic Success program and bar preparation courses at her school and was selected to grade practice examinations for Barbri. She spent one semester of college studying abroad in Western Australia, and one semester of law school studying abroad in eight different European countries.
Joanna is sensitive to the emotional and financial strains associated with legal issues, and prides herself on being compassionate and reliable in order to achieve the best result possible for her clients.
Joanna finds great satisfaction in her work, and is a dedicated family law practitioner. Joanna is highly experienced in all aspects of family law, either uncontested or contested, from case initiation, through the discovery process, and to trial. To see reviews from prior clients, please visit Joanna Foard’s Avvo page demonstrating her 10.0 rating, Client’s Choice Award recipient 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, and over 100 5-star reviews.
Giving back to the community is very important to Attorney Foard, and she is proudly involved in the following organizations:
- Orlando Magazine - Women of the Year 2020
- 2020 Rising Star from Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2020 Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine
- 2018 Legal Elite Up and Comer by Florida Trend Magazine
- Board Member, Orange County Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee, 2018 – 2020
- Board Member, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida, Key Initiative Group, 2018 - 2020
- Board Member, Orange County Teen Court, 2016 - 2020
- Vice President, Orange County Teen Court Advisory Board, 2019-2020
- Volunteer Presiding Judge, Orange County Teen Court, 2016 - 2020
- Associate, Central Florida Family Law Inn of Court, 2016 - 2020
- Member, Seminole County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2017 - 2020
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, 2013 - 2020
- Block Captain, Neighborhood Watch Group of the Orlando Police Department, 2017 - 2020