Labor and Employment Law Counsel for DC Area Businesses and Beyond
At General Counsel, P.C., our attorneys have extensive experience in representing a wide range of local, regional and national companies. We are particularly sensitive to the needs of government contractors and emerging growth businesses. We strive to be your company’s best asset by assisting your company in instituting preventative policies and procedures from Day One of your company. Our knowledgeable lawyers provide comprehensive legal advice through all aspects of labor and employment law as it relates to your company.
Employers cannot be too careful. We live in a litigious society and people have no qualms about filing lawsuits against their employers, with or without the slightest provocation. At General Counsel, P.C., our attorneys can assist in minimizing the risk of litigation and, if necessary, defend such litigation.
At General Counsel P.C., we believe that effective human resources policies are almost as important – if not more important than minimizing the risk of litigation. Effective human resources policies can help your company to improve and maintain employee morale. An effective and comprehensive human resource policy and procedure can also assist in reducing employee turnover, which is vital to a business’ success. At General Counsel, P.C, our seasoned attorneys can assist in designing and implementing these policies and procedures.
Our Labor and Employment Attorneys have experience assisting clients in the following areas:
- Compliance with Federal laws
- Compliance with state laws in the DC Metro area and beyond.
- Special employment considerations for federal government contractors and not for profit organizations.
- Special employment considerations when employing members of the Uniformed Services (Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act).
- Guidance related to the Employment Cornerstone documents
- Guidelines for managing Employee Relations from start to finish
Looking for more information about what services General Counsel P.C. can provide for your company? Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.