General Counsel, P.C. is comprised of six practice groups designed to efficiently serve the individual needs of our diverse client base. Our team of experienced attorneys work collaboratively across practice areas to provide our clients with effective, synergetic service.
Below is a listing of our key practice areas:
- Corporate Group: Business owners and leaders need sound legal counsel when making business decisions and in operating their businesses. Our Corporate Practice Group provides complete representation to businesses, and business owners, during the lifecycle of the business – from formation to divestiture and everything in between. We truly serve as the "general counsel" for our clients.
- Government Contracts Group: Companies doing business with the federal government – whether as a prime or subcontractor – have a specialized set of rules that they must follow to achieve business success. Our attorneys know these rules. Our Government Contracts Practice Group has experience relevant to the entire lifecycle of a government contractor, including formation, contract negotiation and award, contract administration, bid and contract disputes, and Mergers & Acquisitions transactions.
- Labor and Employment Group: For many employers, labor/employment matters can be a consistent struggle. It should not be. Our Labor/Employment Law Practice Group has extensive experience in helping to create sound policies so that human resource departments can provide a strong foundation for companies. Our attorneys also provide day-to-day counsel for employers to avoid employment-related disputes. And, finally, when necessary, our attorneys vigorously defend our clients from employment-related claims.
- Litigation Group: Most of the time, businesses wish to avoid litigation. However, sometimes it is necessary to protect your company, or required to redress a wrong. Our attorneys have extensive state, federal and appellate court litigation experience and will work to pursue strong advocacy on behalf of our clients.
- Intellectual Property Group: Intellectual property can be the foundation of a business and its most important asset. Our attorneys understand this. Whether obtaining, defending or protecting a trademark for a business name or logo, successfully prosecuting a patent or fighting off a potential patent infringer, or obtaining copyright protection, our Intellectual Property Practice Group can assist.
- Non-Profit Group: Non-profits and trade associations need an outside general counsel that understands their organization and the unique legal issues applicable to their non-profit status. Our attorneys have such expertise and serve as legal counsel and board members for non-profit clients.